While CR-V sales slid 1% in October 2015, the middle-rung Honda utility vehicle was still America’s top-selling utility vehicle for a 14th consecutive month. Toyota’s second-ranked RAV4 was 776 sales abaft.
Combined, the CR-V, RAV4, Nissan Rogue, Ford Escape, and Chevrolet Equinox earned 56% of all small/compact SUV/crossover sales in America in October 2015, leaving 44% of the volume for their eleven rivals. Volkswagen, with a 167% increase from the exclusively-gas-powered Tiguan, was able to sell a handful more new vehicles in October 2015 than in October 2014 despite the automaker’s diesel emissions scandal.
Huge year-over-year sales gains were also reported by the Rogue and Mazda CX-5. Hyundai Tucson volume more than doubled, as did sales of the low-volume Mitsubishi Outlander.
Among subcompact utility vehicles, October’s top seller was the Chevrolet Trax, which pipped the Jeep Renegade by 380 units.
You can click any model name in the tables below to find historical monthly and yearly U.S. auto sales data. You can also select a make and model at GCBC’s Sales Stats page. These tables are now sortable, so you can rank small SUVs and crossovers any which way you like. Suggestions on how GCBC should break down segments can be passed on through the Contact page.
Source: Automakers & ANDC * vehicle also displayed in another GCBC segment breakdown
GCBC isn’t here to break down segments, an impossible task for any group, but to display sales data for the sake of comparison. The more ways sales data can be displayed, the better. This explains why you’ll see the Encore and XV Crosstrek are listed with small cars, too, and the pricey FJ Cruiser and Xterra with midsizers, as well… because readers have wanted it both ways. You can always find the sales results for EVERY vehicle and form your own competitive sets by using the All Vehicle Rankingsposts.