|Click Chart To Expand|
Lexus now sells half as many LX570s as they did a decade ago. (LX interiors have improved somewhat since the 2003 model's, pictured above.) LX sales dropped 12% in April 2014. Compared with 2004, Lincoln Navigator sales were down 76% in 2013, and 2013 Navigator sales marked a five-year high.
Sales of the regular-wheelbase Cadillac Escalade have fallen in seven consecutive years and are down, not unpredictably, 14% through the first four months of 2014.
• U.S. Vehicle Sales Rankings By Model - April 2014 YTD
• U.S. SUV/Crossover Sales Rankings By Model - April 2014 YTD
Only 7% of the 3223 Escalades which Cars.com is showing in U.S. dealer inventory are 2015 models, however. So we're yet to see the full impact of the new model. Lincoln's updated Navigator isn't yet available. And sales of the overarching full-size luxury SUV category (nameplates in which clearly must compete with more sporting SUVs like the Porsche Cayenne and Range Rover Sport) are clearly constrained by the limited availability of the U.S.-built Mercedes-Benz GL-Class.
Over the last 28 months, Mercedes-Benz has averaged 2272 monthly sales, but inventory figures show fewer than 1600 in stock from which to choose.
• Large Luxury SUV Sales In America - April 2015 YTD
• Large Luxury SUV Sales In America - May 2014 YTD
• Large Luxury SUV Sales In America - March 2014 YTD
• Large Luxury SUV Sales In America - April 2013 YTD
• Top 20 Best-Selling SUVs In America - April 2014
• U.S. Auto Sales Brand Rankings - April 2014 YTD
• Small & Midsize Luxury SUV Sales In America - April 2014 YTD
You can click any model name in the tables below to find historical monthly and yearly U.S. auto sales data. You can also select a make and model at GCBC's Sales Stats page. These tables are now sortable, so you can rank large luxury SUV flagships any which way you like. Suggestions on how GCBC should break down segments can be passed on through the Contact page.
Click Column Headers To Sort • April 2015 • May 2014 • March 2014 • April 2013
Large Luxury SUV
GCBC isn't here to break down segments, an impossible task for any group, but to display sales data for the sake of comparison. The more ways sales data can be displayed, the better, right? You can always find the sales results for EVERY vehicle and form your own competitive sets by using the All Vehicle Rankings posts.